Sunday, November 16, 2008

Me...alone and still. I hate being alone or still

This may cause some of you to chuckle. The reason is because between a husband, 4 children, 2 dogs and three fish(and a mouse I think has decided to stay) there is hardly time or space to be lonely. With my hubby working offshore(more as of late) I get lonely for his company. My hubby isn't a big talker but it is nice to share things with him and get his male point of view. I also don't like the fact that I seem to be going to my 12 year old daughter who seems to be more wise than I am. I tell her more often lately, " Baby you were right about that." Humble pie for dessert anyone?

But I am just not one of those people who relish in being alone. Now don't get me wrong, I do like occasionally when the kids are down and I can grab a magazine and read ALL the articles. I also like being able to get a bath when no one is awake to ask me questions. My hubby could go fishing for a week with no one and be fine. But in general being alone is not one I welcome. I don't know why that is.

But as I have been searching for God's take on all of my "aloneliness"(not sure that is a word but you catch my drift) He wants me to "be still and know that he is God." It tells us lots in the Psalms to be still and know(Psalm 46:10), be still and rest(Psalm 37:7) also in Isaiah, Jeremiah you get it. To be still and rest, with Him. My audience of One. I have already stated how in my natural being I don't like these things. Guess what....here comes wisdom I pass to my kids..... God doesn't want us to be natural. He wants us to be supernatural. Anyone can be naturally this or that. But if God's Holy Spirit lives in us we have that power to be more than natural. We are over comers of what we "feel" like we can be. I want more.

I need more margin in my life. To be still and know that He is God. Steven Curtis Chapman has a great song after this thought. Be still is the name of the song . See if you can find it and play it often as a reminder of why God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great post! I love alone time, but rarely get any!

I posted about mice too...must be the weather bringing them inside!